POSTCARDS

WISH YOU WERE HERE~ A Photologue Of Our Travels



Merry Christmas friends everywhere. Larry and I have indulged in a lovely trip to and around England and its pastoral countryside. We arrived at London's Heathrow airport on Tuesday, rented a car on Wednesday, and headed south and west. We have been in a small seaside town, population 11,000 for three nights in what I would call an adorable 3 story townhouse. My dear friend sent me a message of small correction yesterday to say that in the U.K. the first floor is referred to as the main or ground floor, with the first and second floors above. Our kitchen is on the main therefore, living room on the first floor and the bedroom and bathroom on top. 

Try as I might to conquer jet lag, it is conquering me. I am awake each night until 3 AM! I've followed all of Rick Steeves' suggestions yet I'm only barely alive. His final thought was to use a sleep aid, so tomorrow I will consider that option. 

Truly friends I am too tired to do anything but share photos with you tonight. We have seen such iconic vistas~ from the rugged English Channelto the Bodmin Moor. I hope you have a moment or two to browse my snapshots.

Powderham Castle and farm and a most enchanting farm store~


 

Read about the castle here.

 


 

There is a herd of 600 deer at the castle deer park. 

 


 


 


 

A small sampling from the farm store. 

Doors and windows~

 


 




 


 


 

Village scenes~


 



 


 

Today we drove from Devon to Cornwall and back. The weather was predictably wet and windy, and the day length extremely short, so picture taking was just not possible. However, tomorrow we are driving to Oxford. With any luck I'll have more to share soon. 

Have a blessed and meaningful Christmas!

Dana

 


 

3 comments

  1. Dana,
    Thanks for the postcard... loved hearing from you and seeing your photos. Have a very merry Christmas in merry olde England.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend the holidays. Enjoy! I look forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to spend the holidays. Enjoy! I look forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete