SNAPSHOTS

AN UNPREDICTABLE MIX OF PHOTOS AND CHAT. 

 

Tired of me yet? I can't stop photographing phone booths. This collection resembles tin soldiers all in a row. 

Today another item ticked off the list; a double-decker bus ride. We rode to Covent Garden because on prior visits many years ago, it was a favorite day trip. However, it was so crowded and had changed so much that I was enormously let down. On the other hand, strolling and browsing the surrounding area was a happy thing to do, and as always with camera in hand. I managed to preserve a few visual snippets of our day. 

 

This was a less congested street actually. I'm not a good street photographer and I'm not comfortable in crowds. I am a good Starbucks spotter though and finally I managed to get a London coffee mug. 

 

Predictably jammed. 

 

Epitome of refinement though above my pay grade. 

 

Notice if you will the mannequins in the upper windows! They look bedraggled. 

 

A refreshing pause. 

 

Ubiquitous. 

I need to pack now for our check-out tomorrow. Activities on the docket include a Winston Churchill tour via private car with scholarly guide. And then back to Oxford for a more in depth explore. 

Best British-English moment today~ I actually heard a shopkeeper explain to her colleague that she was rearranging "bits and bobs" in the shop window. Love!

~Dana


2 comments

  1. ....sigh...I had similar feelings when first arriving in Florence. So MANY people. I wonder if there is an off season anywhere anymore.

    PS not bored even the littlest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana,
    Great photography! Loving every shot... does anyone use the phone booths?

    Judith

    ReplyDelete