SNAPSHOTS

AN UNPREDICTABLE MIX OF PHOTOS AND CHAT.

Getting Ready For Christmas. 

 

I haven't posted in so long, I hardly know where to begin. The last time we chatted, I was feverishly preparing for the Anacortes Art Walk. I enjoyed a very gratifying photography exhibit and reception. It was a lovely evening and I will always be grateful for the opportunity to participate. But honestly, it wiped me out. 

We made the decision to take an extended trip for the holidays, therefore I also made the decision to severely limit my home Christmas decor efforts. I love to put it all up, but it depresses me to take it down. I really don't want to return from a protracted getaway to a houseful of Christmas stuff. 

However, we had two very small Christmas get togethers the only week we were at home after the exhibit. So today's post is a small gallery of photos showcasing my minimally decked halls. 

 

The wooden box Larry made for me got a wardrobe change. It went from fall to Christmas. 

 

Here is our holiday dining table, set around an understated seashore motif. 

 

 

I made soy wax jar candles for each place setting. I think crafting candles with soy is fairly easy and very enjoyable. Soy candles are clean burning and they help purify the air. 

 

Place cards are a lovely personal touch, and easily interchangeable. 

 

Additional display of my bleached pine cones. If you missed that post, check it out here

 

Just a snippet of our mantle. We had only received a few cards the week before we left, but you can see my idea for a card display that we put together using an old picture frame and rusted chicken wire.  

 

Lastly, a nice idea to make your house sparkle on very short notice. 

 

Fill Mason jars with small bunches of greens and add simple embellishments. You will feel instantly more festive. 

Tomorrow I morph into postcard mode, that is to say, I will be travel blogging. We rolled down Interstate 5 in our motor home to Southern California, through some of the wettest conditions we've ever experienced on the road. After about 5 days of visiting dear friends and resting sufficiently we embarked on another grand adventure. This time via air. 

Here's a hint~

 
 

Happy Christmas week.  I hope for you the rush is coming to a close. 

Blessings,  

Dana

1 comment

  1. Dana,
    Love fresh greenery in a rustic box! England....? Have a wonderful holiday trip.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete